Seychelles in May/June 2021 (Travelogue in English)

Hier können Seychellen-Reiseberichte hinterlegt werden
Bong!!!

Re: Seychelles in May/June 2021 (Travelogue in English)

Beitrag von Bong!!! »

foto-k10:
You mean near signpost with that piece of wood nailed to it ? I'm not aware...

Suse: Thank you (-: I should stay covid-negative for a while, at least I hope so. Honestly, going through all of these pictures and refreshing my memory, I would like to be back again (-:

Ah, like a hedgehog, of course, for some reason, a tapir and mouse has passed through mind first when I was thinking about some comparison (-:

Thank you for the Information, glad to hear that this find was lucky, after all these crabs and spiders... (-: They must've been young as they were really small, slightly larger than a mouse. Checked wikipedia and adults should be approx. 1.6-2.4 kg, with length between 26.5 and 39 cm.

Mahé day #2, part 2
Next hike I've planned for today is the Dans Gallas trail, trailhead is not far from La Scala where I've parked my car, just a 10 minutes drive to the Chemin Le Niol from where i was starting. I usually don't spend much time in Beau Valon area, honestly I'm not sure if I even ever visited Beau Valon beach...

Bild

Todays early lunch, some South African stuff (-:
Bild

Slope is lower at the beginning, but after while, it became steep and the trail is partly made of steps reinforced with wooden branches. It's hot and the sun is pitiless, so it was a good idea to bring 3L of water.
Bild Bild

Views along the trail are breathtaking, I really like scenery of the green hills on Mahé. Something that couldn't be captured on a photograph. Summer in Alps is nice too, but here in tropics it's different.
Bild Bild Bild

At some parts of the trail, it was possible to take a breath in a shade (-:
Bild

Last part of the trail is going through jungle, with one section fitted with railing. Trail was still rather steep, but not exposed to the direct sunlight. Lot of spiders too, I was glad that I wasn't a first hiker on that day (-:
Bild Bild Bild

Last few meters to the top:
Bild

And finally, views from the top:
Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild Bild

Quick stop at the nearby STC hypermarket (-:
Bild

Few years ago, I've started to collect bottle openers sold in hypermarket, not much of a collection so far, I know, but there are just 4 designs anyway, if I remember well (-:
One is missing, my little son has took it and placed it I don't know where (-: The one on the left is from 2018. On the right, newest addition from 2021 (-:
Bild

Weather is still nice, so I'm adding another hiking stop - Copolia Trail as it's along the way back home and I'm going via Sans Soucis Rd. to the west side of the island (which I prefer). There are another hiking trails starting on Sans Soucis Rd., but I prefer something shorter.

New addition to the trail - benches, some sort of a station and a chain (-: There's also a 100 Rs entrance fee for non-residents. Nobody around, so I'm crossing the chain...
Bild Bild

This particular trail is rather popular, so I'll share just a few pictures from the top, I don't have many from the trail anyway... I really like that large granite plateau on the top (-:
Bild

Something new on the top as well:
Bild

Would be better without Eden Island though...
Bild

View with a valuable piece of architecture on the right...
Bild

I've heard that lord of that castle from UAE does not spend much time there anyway while he is in Seychelles, as he prefers south Mahé, where he has built something else...

Last stop for today is at Anse Barbarons - just a little walking around and a shopping in Pineapple Studios.

I've also visited local cemetery (-:
Bild

Sometimes, one could learn interesting facts there... Like something from the history of Chagos Archipelago. Picture below was taken on Rodrigues island.
Bild

And that's it for the day, thanks for reading (-:
foto-k10

Beitrag von foto-k10 »

Bong!!! hat geschrieben: 07 Jan 2022 15:37 foto-k10:
You mean near signpost with that piece of wood nailed to it ? I'm not aware...
When I walked trail last time, sign was on the other side :lol:
And it was different sign, closer to the paved road.

Bong!!! hat geschrieben: 07 Jan 2022 15:37 Todays early lunch, some South African stuff (-:
Bild
Jungle power bar for the hike i the jugle, no wonder you have power for two trails ...
Bong!!! hat geschrieben: 07 Jan 2022 15:37 Would be better without Eden Island though...
Would be better without the chain and warning signs.
Are people so stupid to step over the egde?
Bong!!!

Beitrag von Bong!!! »

foto-k10:
On the road, next to the fork leading to Anse Major was sprayed sign that it's a wrong way (-:

It was actually 3 trails on that day, but yes, Anse Major and Copolia are easy, so 2x Jungle Power was just enough (-:

To be honest, I've heard about various incidents that happened on the islands but when I think about it, probably never about any fatality at the top of the Copolia trail. That chain probably wasn't necessary and I found Eden Island and Burj Khalifa more disturbing objects.

Mahé day #3

Yesterday, It was north so today, it's time to explore south part of the island. I'm parking the car in front of the Anse Forbans chalets and then continue further south on foot. Today's goal is to reach Anse Capucin via trail starting In Anse Forbans, or, more precisely, at Anse Marie-Louise Beach.

Anse Marie-Loiuse beach:
Bild

Banana planation along the road:
Bild Bild

Trail past the Anse Marie-Louise:
Bild

Trail is a bit overgrown and I think that all spiders from La Digue have moved to Mahé, so a spider stick is necessary...
Bild

After while, I'm taking fork to the left and I've reached nice small beach with granite rocks (Petit Anse Marie-Louise):
Bild Bild

While taking pictures, I'm standing on one of the larger rocks and in a second, I'm loosing balance and sliding down. Results - sprained left ankle and a larger cut from a sharp edge of the stone. I sat down for a while and noticed that nearby crabs are attracted by the smell of blood. Thinking about horror stories of tourists on La Digue being eaten alive by the crabs... (-: I've washed the wound in salt water and later poured some bottled water over it and I'm hobbling back to the Anse Forbans, using my spider stick as a walking stick this time... So, Anse Capucins... Maybe next time...

Few pictures from the way back:
Bild Bild

Hiking is over, that's for sure, so I'm at least stopping at this small beach, just by the coast road, north of the Surfers Beach bar:
Bild

Rest of the day, I'm shopping for souvenirs... Wasn't sure about the size, that's why the pack of cigarettes is used as a measure (-:
Bild

Well, I have to admit that this day wasn't very interesting...
foto-k10

Beitrag von foto-k10 »

Well, you are a really Mr. Next Time :wink:
Antworten